General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Even dafter than I thought

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 Jun 2020 12:17

Watching a programme on Sky that was mostly about Edward ll and in which they visited a reconstructed medieval village called Cosmeston.

It is open to the public so I looked it up in the hope of maybe go there if we are ever let out again.

There is a map of the site on-line so I was eagerly perusing it.

Taking it all in and trying to work out why what was where. From the top, the swineherd and his pigs were on the outskirts of the village, which made sense.

Moving down, we come to the reeves house and his herb garden.Right on down the bottom i came to the shop, which surprised me a little, the toilets, also a bit of a worry in case the swineherd needed them in the night, and last of all, the picnic area!

Yes, I had been trying to fit the site's public facilities into the day to day workings of a medieval village!

Is it any wonder I am not allowed out for a long time?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 23 Jun 2020 13:12

:-D :-D :-D

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 23 Jun 2020 13:13

Are you sure that it wasn’t built on top of an original ‘soil’ pit?
;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 Jun 2020 13:26

It might be but I don't think there was much need for a picnic area then.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 23 Jun 2020 13:30

:-D