General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

UK restrictions some to be lifted

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 23 Jun 2020 13:13

UK PM Boris Johnson tells MPs that restaurants, pubs and hairdressers will reopen in England from 4 July

Mr Johnson says 2m distancing rule is being reduced to 1m plus
Cinemas, museums and other attractions will also reopen, but not "close proximity" venues like indoor gyms

Get your hair appoints asap. :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 23 Jun 2020 13:25

So, up for a pint
sign in, get a numbered table
order drinks with a smartphone or contactless card (the bar is out of bounds, no cash)

Some will get it sorted, many will not.
1m spacing might work for restaurants but for pubs which are "close proximity" or they are nothing ?

Given the current impossiblity to park or even drive + advice against the bus and tube it will have to be somewhere fairly local. No problem in Camden.

Does Hancock and NHSX have an app for this?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 23 Jun 2020 13:25

I wouldn't like to get my hair cut with a mask on.

Imagine the hair getting inside it :-S

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 Jun 2020 13:31

I know I am not supposed to go out until 1st August but I will be getting my hair cut on 7th July.

Because we have not been out at all, we have no masks other than DIY dust masks, no gloves and no hand sanitizer.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 24 Jun 2020 04:04

My friend in Germany has been out twice to get her hair cut and coloured, masked up etc.

Some city centre pubs in Norwich (old quaint buildings) have said they don't think they will be opening for a long time yet. Sad.

Lizx