General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone else

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Jun 2020 14:31

Sat indoors, thinking, 'I must turn the heating down'?

I have a fan in the spare room - somewhere :-S

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 25 Jun 2020 14:34

There's a bit of a breeze here, not far from the coast.

.. Trouble is, it's a warm breeze, so not much help.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Jun 2020 14:57

Suddenly thought yesterday I still have warm air gas boiler on

It’s not working as I control it with the wall thermostat but I do turn the gas off and close down the vents

Have done a hasty close down

Normally the boiler and gas multipoint would have its annual service in April May but it’s not been done
Gas fire too in the lounge would have been serviced too but no contact from the engineers

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Jun 2020 15:15

Sa!t indoors last night, sweltering. Mentioned how hot it was to OH who suggested it might be because he had closed the back door

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Jun 2020 16:17

Wherever the sun is, my windows are closed.
I've just opened the front window - my house is East /West facing, so the sun shines right into my bedroom, and the lounge windows at sunrise, and for much of the day .

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Jun 2020 17:07

I had a mesh door made last year to attach to the frame of the lounge door opening so I can have the door open and the tortoise not walking in and toileting on my lounge carpet

Duel purpose as stops the cat bringing in unwanted presents
He thinks I really would like live field-mice or sparrows

Littie git plays with and tosses and tortures them and them loses interest so it’s up to me to rescue or retrieve

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Jun 2020 17:51

You don't know how lucky you are,Shirley. i have yet another rat catcher!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Jun 2020 18:04

*Touch wood* Not too much problem hunting-wise, here.
George bought a teeny tiny gorgeous baby mouse in about 2 months ago, which he 'dropped', and it staggered under some stuff.
Once I realised what he was looking for (it was so small :-() I helped him find it, opened the door and he went out.

Then he came back in, then I 'ushered' him out etc etc

Tawny

Tawny Report 25 Jun 2020 18:08

My living room was a cool 24 degrees at 7.30 this morning and our portable electronic Thermostat has gone up Since then. Now at 33 degrees with the windows open and it won’t start to cool down for at least another three hours when the sun starts to dip behind the houses opposite.

To allow Mr Owl to plaster the living room the curtains and rail were taken down. I live in an upper flat in a block of four and the living room window faces west.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Jun 2020 20:04

Ooo-err Tawny - heat rises :-S

It's very pleasant in my living room now - the sun's out the back :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 26 Jun 2020 20:05

So now's not the time to cheer for my air conditioning working nicely I'm guessing?? :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Jun 2020 21:04

Definitely not! :-P :-P :-P

BrianW

BrianW Report 27 Jun 2020 15:01

On Thursday we had the fans on.
This morning I was considering putting the central heating back on.
Typical British summer I suppose.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Jun 2020 15:30

Not quite that bad here, Brian, but I did have a prolonged 'argument' with George the cat, who wanted the window opened.
When I wouldn't open it, he had a 'row' with the blinds :-\