General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

*************** Liverpool ***************

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 26 Jun 2020 22:42

Many congratulations to the Pool after 30years of waiting Premier League Champions brilliant news well done you deserve it Barbara <3

Allan

Allan Report 27 Jun 2020 09:32

Disgusted with the behaviour of Liverpool fans after celebrating their title win, the Chief Constable of Merseyside stated that “ We will not put up with this sort of thing every thirty years “.

;-) :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 27 Jun 2020 10:02

Imagine it when the pubs open again Allan, they could be heard across the water where my daughter lives :-|

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 27 Jun 2020 10:06

Their fireworks hit the Liver building.

Allan

Allan Report 27 Jun 2020 10:12

Could have been messy, bits of liver everywhere

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 27 Jun 2020 10:13

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 27 Jun 2020 10:17

My sincere apologies to Barbra for hijacking her post, and congratulations to Liverpool, although Man City was robbed :-| :-D :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 27 Jun 2020 10:47

The Three Graces - my hometown. <3 <3 <3

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 27 Jun 2020 10:49

Allan - are you a Man city fan then and not ManU?

You know that favourite remark of the teachers long ago ..... could do better! :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 27 Jun 2020 11:02

A big Achievemeat for the club not their fault idiots conduct themselves in such a manner Liverpool have gone through a lot over the years & in my opinion deserve the Title well done back to reality so called fans have to spoil it & hope the club rise above the so called fans love the comments ( Allan) :-P

Allan

Allan Report 27 Jun 2020 11:45

Barbra, my first post was a joke one :-D

I have no idea how fans reacted, but I thought that if Liverpool only win the PLC every thirty years then it may have been an appropriate comment :-D :-D

JoyLouise, living just a few hundred metres from Maine Road back in the fifties there was no contest.

Even back then there was a certain element of violence evident at Old Trafford :-(

Barbra

Barbra Report 27 Jun 2020 11:51

Allan think Me & Thee know each other after all the years posting I enjoy your little quips ;-) Barbara

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 27 Jun 2020 15:04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4aVTZgxqCI

BrianW

BrianW Report 27 Jun 2020 15:40

I have never had much respect for football "fans" as in general their conduct, or at least a noticable minority of them, has been atrocious compared to e.g. rugby fans.

But over the last few weeks I have been even more disgusted with a lot of the great British public who have ignored social distancing rules; organised illegal gatherings; and trashed parks; beauty spots; nature reserves; and anywhere else that they have been able to get to.

The aftermath with litter and damage makes me ashamed to be British.

Barbra

Barbra Report 27 Jun 2020 16:10

I use to go to Football matches with my late Dad in my youth enjoyed it then mum made a flask & I had a bag of crisps there was banter on the pitch & among fans but .not a fan anymore Just thought Liverpool deserve their Glory & reward for hard work on the pitch over the years .Barbara