General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BillBuddy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 28 Jun 2020 16:35

Has anybody ever used this, or knows anyone who has?

It is one of those ads which pop up all the time alongside whatever you're doing. I usually ignore them, but this one looked interesting, so I had a look.

As you probably know, the best way to reduce gas/electricity bills is to keep changing suppliers, so that you benefit from the cheap "new customer" offers. I gather that this isn't always quite as straightforward as it sounds, so like many people I stick with what I know and pay over the odds!!

BillBuddy does this for you, so that you always get the best deal going. It costs nothing, as they are paid commission by the utility companies.

Is it as good as it sounds? :-S

Annx

Annx Report 28 Jun 2020 18:38

I hadn't heard of them before but was looking at it yesterday on my tablet which isn't easy to use and made a note to look on the laptop which I haven't done yet! I do shop around each time our contract is coming up for renewal and thought the best check would be to see what they come up with and then do the same with another comparison site like moneysupermarket to double check that they come up with the cheapest.

I must read the fine detail though to see if there are charges for exit etc or any other catches

Incidentally we have switched more times than I can remember and have had no problems.