General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Two things annoying me today.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 1 Jul 2020 15:08

First is bliming cookies, I don’t want to accept them I just want to look at the site, after all you don’t have to accept them to look at the shop window.
Second is when someone asks how you got on with something, you know they have seen your message but don’t answer. Grrr.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 1 Jul 2020 15:15

" we have your security in mind you MUST accept!!! our conditions"....

Florence61

Florence61 Report 1 Jul 2020 16:15

ZZzzzz yes it is annoying on both accounts. I have a so called friend who is always keen to ask me questions which I normally answer. However when I send a text asking something, quite often i get no reply too!!

I have been decluttering on my phone this week and have decided not to send as many texts, whattsapps and have deleted loads.
Tbh I prefer to speak to someone on the phone rather than have a conversation typing back and forth....I must be getting old lol

Florence in the hebrides

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 2 Jul 2020 11:19

I blocked this “friend” on Facebook and within seconds I get a phone call asking why I had done that, I said why then said get lost, well it might not of came out as got lost but my point was made.

Dermot

Dermot Report 2 Jul 2020 14:56

Is there anything on this earth not capable of annoying someone, somewhere? :-P

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Jul 2020 15:59

probably not Dermot.

florence I find that being able to converse on the internet is a boon to me with my hearing problem. I would be lost without it now as I have real trouble hearing on the phone. I only really use my phone for texting.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 2 Jul 2020 18:56

Dermot a little help and sympathy would have been helpful but it wasn’t forthcoming.