General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lynn, County Tyrone

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 8 Jul 2020 15:22

Afternoon all

Please could anyone with knowledge of Northern Ireland be able to help me with a place... LYNN or similar spelling.

Does it still exist or has had it's name changed over the years.

Regards

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 8 Jul 2020 17:34

Unless you have the name wrong, Lynn is in County Westmeath (Leinster Province) so not Northern Ireland.

If you are sure it is in N Ireland where have you seen it mentioned? As you say, it could be something similar.

Mark

Mark Report 8 Jul 2020 18:10

John Ashfield Patterson... 1891 census

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 8 Jul 2020 21:05

Hi Mark, he's in Allerton, Liverpool?

I don't think that word is Lynn - it looks like Tyrone to me.

Maureen

Maureen Report 8 Jul 2020 21:13

Yes Co Tyrone he is listed in 1911 census in Liverpool. He married in 1877 in Kingston Surrey to Adeline Isabel Miller if you need to ord cert to find his fathers name. Child Percy Miller Patterson b 1890 Liverpool mother Miller.

All children in 1891 census have mother surname Miller

Mark

Mark Report 8 Jul 2020 21:21

Co. Tyrone has lots of sub districts for a better word.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 8 Jul 2020 21:39

His burial?

West Derby Cemetery
John Ashfield Patterson
age 72
of 42 Gladeville? Road, Parish of Wavertree (easy to check the road)
int 8 April 1926
Sect 5, Grave No. 454

The transcript says it's a C of E Section. If you want to check, the Cemetery layout ought to be online somewhere.

(I have family buried there.)

Mark

Mark Report 8 Jul 2020 23:26

Hi

His father is Mark but we are looking for the mother and any possible siblings. I will post the census tomorrow