General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

finding unknown fathers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Louise

Louise Report 9 Jul 2020 14:36

Long story but I have become special guardian to 2 boys both are asking questions as to who their fathers are.

Their mother won't say and over the years has made the boys believe their fathers are no good - not good for them to hear.

Only information I have is I think the oldest boys father was called Connor and he lived in weston super mare. Boy's mother was also living in weston-super-Mare at the time and boy was born in Southmead hospital, Bristol on14th May 2009.

I don't know any name for the other boys father but mother lived in Brinkworth, Wiltshire and the boy was born at The Great Western Hospital, Swindon on 10th August 2012
Any advice or help would be most appreciated, although, sadly, I don't hold out much hope on solving this with so little information. Many Thanks :-)

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 9 Jul 2020 14:44

May be not the right board for this question, perhaps better on Find living Relatives board and delete this one.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 9 Jul 2020 15:18

Just ginnie is right that this is the wrong board. But it would be utterly amazing if someone came up with the name.
Only the mother knows the truth.

If they had been adults they could have done a genealogical dna test.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 9 Jul 2020 15:31

Sometimes a child’s middle names are the same as the father but with the mothers maiden name or whatever her married name is/ was at the time of their birth.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 9 Jul 2020 18:52

If you are a legal appointed guardian you have no rights to seek out such information on behalf of """minors""",,that is not your role and would certainly jeopardise your position.