General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Reminiscing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 1 Aug 2021 23:37

My daughter and I were reminiscing the other day and she asked me if I remembered the time she came home from school in tears as she had just failed a grammar test.

I certainly did as it was the time I consoled her by giving her a big hug and saying to her, 'There, their, they're,'

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Aug 2021 02:44

:-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Aug 2021 07:55

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Tiamo

Tiamo Report 2 Aug 2021 08:20

Don’t encourage him ;-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 2 Aug 2021 09:10

:-D :-D :-D :-D

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 2 Aug 2021 11:36

Allan needs no encouragement - it just comes naturally. :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 2 Aug 2021 13:16

Still incorrigible, Allan. :-D :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Aug 2021 17:31

A silly game we used to play in the 70s and 80s, especially if we had a new perosn in the group who we thought would enjoy it, was to ask people to say the following words .................

Mary, marry, merry

ferry, fairy

Only the British seem to be able to say all the words in a distinctive way.

Canadians and Americans mostly can not do it, and they don't actually see what's wrong.