General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scrambled eggs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 May 2022 15:14

How do you prepare/cook yours?

My sister and I were discussing this the other day - why? I have no idea!

Sister and I both put eggs and milk in a bowl, season and scramble.
However, I then put butter in the pan before the egg mix.
My sister doesn't.
What do you do?

Annx

Annx Report 11 May 2022 16:21

I mix the eggs, milk and a few shavings of butter and a pinch of pepper in a glass jug and do them in the microwave. You have to stop it and break up the egg that sets a few times, but I find the jug easier to clean after.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 11 May 2022 16:32

Well like Annx i make it in the microwave but I whisk the eggs with water not milk then check a few times to break the mix up.

Was told a long time ago that water is lighter than milk.

Florence in the hebrides

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 May 2022 17:00

I prepare it like Annx and sometimes do it in the microwave and sometimes in a saucepan. I think I prefer the latter method because with the microwave you have to be very alert to catch it before it overcooks. When I do it in the saucepan I melt a knob if butter in the pan first.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 11 May 2022 17:20

I do it like Annx as well but you do have to watch it carefully in the microwave and take it out when it is barely ready because it will go on cooking in the jug for a very short while.

I've never thought of mixing it with water. Does it have a less creamy taste? I might try it sometime.

Annx

Annx Report 11 May 2022 21:23

Yes you do have to watch it like a hawk in the microwave as Vera says and I get it out when it still has a bit of liquid as it does carry on cooking.

That sounds like a good pan Joan. It's decades since I used a saucepan and it would have been an aluminium pan at that time, so not so good.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 May 2022 23:06

It's amazing how many different ways there are to cook such a basic dish!

I do mine in a small non-stick frying pan.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 May 2022 23:59

I do mine in exactly the same way as Annx.

I add a tiny bit of milk to scrambled eggs and a tiny bit of water to omelettes.

Kath. x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 May 2022 10:22

I do mine in the microwave too and add water not milk but also a knob of butter and seasoning

Put it in a Pyrex jug and give it a good mix with a fork the into the microwave for 30sec sessions ,take it out every time and give it a break up with the fork and another 30 second

Watch it like a hawk so as soon as very little runny left it’s out and another swirl with the fork and then served

It works for me