General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone recommend....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 15 May 2022 14:33

Something for a quick energy boost, I'm on holiday soon and don't want to start flagging after a few minutes shopping every day.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 15 May 2022 15:23

Lucozade? I don't like it because it is far too sweet, but athletes seem to have it all the time.

Strong black coffee? Plenty of caffeine to keep you going.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 15 May 2022 15:33

I haven't had Lucozade before so will give that try thanks. :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 May 2022 18:53

Lucozade also have Lucozade sport energy drinks in different flavours.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 May 2022 21:03

Same in ours Joan - the only time I was allowed it.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 16 May 2022 10:11

I have to say, yes we only were given it when we were sick with flu or something as it contains loads of sugar which if you are not managing to eat will keep your levels up. Daughter uses it when she has a Hypo to boost sugar levels quickly.

To be honest ZZzzz I would try and get some good quality sleep and eat a good diet with things like Blueberries. That will help you far more than these quick fix drinks as the effects wear off very quickly.

Hope you have a good holiday

Florence in the hebrides

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 17 May 2022 22:05

I tried the Lucozade and it worked, I could do the shopping without struggling like I used to so shopping on holiday will be good.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 May 2022 13:07

I wouldn't drink too much of it as the sugar content is really high. Also not good for your teeth.. But there are different types Locozade Zero is lower in sugar content. But probably has sweeteners such as Asparatme in it so best to check the label of the sort you buy.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 18 May 2022 15:29

I would watch how often you have the drink as you don’t want to get hooked on the boost.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 18 May 2022 15:40

I only drink some of the bottle full to give me the boost I need for shopping etc so it will last me a day or two and not as a drink to quench my thirst if you understand what I mean.