General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Admitting defeat

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Mar 2024 16:29

I have finally accepted I.m struggling indoors in getting things done

Housework is do a bit sit down do a bit more sit down and only one room per day

Been talking to family and been told off for being too independent and to stop knocking myself out and to get some help

So today have met up with a very nice lady and after showing her around the house we have agreed to a weekly 2 hour cleaning service on a Friday afternoon

At £15 per hour it’s a bargain.

Knowing me I will still be putting the hoover around the lounge floor especially as I have mr Tibbs the cat but not having to worry about the rest of the house is going to be a bonus :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 11 Mar 2024 16:52

Well done Shirley. That will take the pressure of you somewhat. And as its only 1 slot a week, you can still do all the things you would normally. Far better than having someone 3 times a week as that would restrict you going out etc.

I'm glad she's a nice lady and am sure she will do a good job too.

And yes, you can still the bits you feel you can.

Florence in the hebrides :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 11 Mar 2024 17:02

For many years while I was working, I had a cleaner who went through the house doing, hoovering, dusting and doing the bathrooms. That as a godsend as it kept the house clean and I could keep on top of things such as the paintwork and windows. I only stopped having a cleaner after I retired and thought I should be doing it all myself.
I will have no hesitation in getting another cleaner when the time comes.
Well done Shirley for doing the sensible thing.

Linda

Linda Report 11 Mar 2024 22:19

Well done Shirley I had one when I was going down to my mums every week for four five days she done everything except change the bed but since my hip op my daughter has been doing it for me but has she works full time and has a busy life with family it’s not fair on her she’s got a number for a cleaner but won’t give to me

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Mar 2024 23:33

Well done, Shirley!
There's sooo much more to do in life than vacuum!

I have to admit, now I have no pets, things are easier.