General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Australia help please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 17 Mar 2024 21:01

It is thought that my relative in Australia either killed himself or faked his own death in 2002 possibly Western Australia. is there any way I can find out anything about this, would it have been in a local newspaper at the time?
Thank you. xx.

Allan

Allan Report 17 Mar 2024 22:01

If it was reported anywhere it would have been in the 'West Australian' newspaper.

If you know of a locality or area where this took place, there may be a local paper for that particular area.

It is also possible that it may have found its way into either the National Archives or the National Library Records

I used to be a member of the National Library but not sure whether my membership is still valid as it has been a number of years since I last used it, but I will give it a go.

Unfortunately, The West Australian newspaper web site is a subscription one and I don't have access to it.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 17 Mar 2024 22:10

Thank you Allan, is there a way I can I can subscribe to it? I really would like to know more about him and what happened to him x.

Allan

Allan Report 17 Mar 2024 22:16

Here is the web address

https://thewest.com.au/

I'll try and see if my card for the National Library is still valid.