General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A Death

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 19 Mar 2024 16:43

I understand there is a way to find out a person's death date and order a certificate. The person died in the last two months. I've done this before but for the life of me I can't rember how or which site I found the death date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 19 Mar 2024 18:30

As far as I am aware there has to be after a certain amount of time before you can order on line, or go to the records office of the area where it took place. Good luck.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 19 Mar 2024 18:58

I agree, much to soon. Have you tried googling to see if there is an obituary!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Mar 2024 19:09

It’s far too soon to get a certificate online

You would need details and apply at the register office for the area of death

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 19 Mar 2024 19:37

Thank you all. I'll try googling.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 20 Mar 2024 11:54

I was recently helped by a kind Registrar when I wanted to order a death cert in Scotland.
I knew the person's full name, age, and place of registration, and from Scotlands People I knew that his death was registered during 2023.
It was too soon to order via SP, and to order online from the local Registrar I needed to provide the exact date of death - which I didn't know.

However, the Registrar kindly told me the date of death, so that I was able to order.