General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

web-sute " tools "

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denise

Denise Report 16 May 2024 13:22

I use Google Chrome to make print larger and change to black back ground with white print.
I am 83 and visually impaired.
Question---Where is the tool to change font size?

I have looked at print too small or large, help section but still no luck.

Question---how do I return to homepage after looking at my tree?

Any help would be much appreciated, Denny

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 16 May 2024 13:35

You can enlarge the page to make it more readable, on a computer hold the

Control key down and use the pad or mouse to make the page grow.

To change the font on word then it is near the top on the left usually.

On the Genes tree just use the arrow to go back - again usually at the top left.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 16 May 2024 16:19

On GR the tree comes up on a separate screen, which confused many of us at first. The page you were on before will be underneath and how you get back to it varies depending on your computer.

On chrome I used to be able to change the font size by clicking on the 3 dots at the right-hand end of the top row, where it was one of the options but I now have Windows 11 and it is no longer there!!

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 May 2024 17:07

On an iPad, or any touch-screen device, use two fingers to expand the text and enlarge font size.