Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Philip pring

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

amanda

amanda Report 11 Jan 2018 10:00

I'm looking for a Philip pring born in 1984 who was adopted I've sent someone a message on here who has made a tree and in the name I'm looking for also the same birth year. How do I know if he receives a message. What if his account isn't active still? It's so very annoying not knowing

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Jan 2018 10:22

Look in your sent messages(within Messages). and if the green envelope is still unopened then they havnt read it.

It could be as simple a change of email address from the registered one they cant be notified by GR.so a dead end.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Jan 2018 10:25

Just in case they don’t reply, have you added his birth name to the Adoption Contact Register?
https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Jan 2018 11:59

The Philip Pring on here has a member number which is 8627770. Anyone know approximately when he would have joined? I think it might be about 10 years or so ago.

Kath. x

malyon

malyon Report 11 Jan 2018 12:42

there are a few phillip pring's one born 1977 cornwall

amanda

amanda Report 11 Jan 2018 12:45

Thanks all of you! Awww really? 10 years ago how did you find that out? Damn it's such a shame ????

amanda

amanda Report 11 Jan 2018 12:46

And the Philip pring born in 1984

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Jan 2018 12:56

Amanda, have you put his mother's name on a tree on here ( with her permission) as well as Philip's? If he does look into the site it may well be his birth mother's name he looks for rather than his own.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Jan 2018 14:34

I'm only guessing at the date Philip joined this site by his membership number.

Mine is 722652 and I joined in November2003.

There is a member with number 8937263 who joined in June 2008, so I think Philip may have joined a little while before that.

If you hover over someone's name when they post and look at the bottom left of the screen you will see a number on the end of the line printed there.

Kath. x

amanda

amanda Report 11 Jan 2018 14:51

Thanks very much kath xx

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Jan 2018 18:52

Have you checked to see if the person has listed the mothers details in a tree search.?

amanda

amanda Report 11 Jan 2018 19:46

There's no details of my mum on a tree other than what I have done for her xx

Ru

Ru Report 12 Jan 2018 08:05

Have you looked at Google for Philip - is there a Cornish connection - like Hayle, Cornwall?

Good luck
Peahen

amanda

amanda Report 12 Jan 2018 08:50

Hi yes I have. I don't believe that's him. He was adopted at birth and I think they changed his name after adoption.
Thanks very much for you trying! X