Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Thomas Roy Healey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fiona

Fiona Report 12 Apr 2018 23:16

I'm looking for my brother his name is Thomas Roy Healey he was born in 1981 to our mum Susan Jane Butterworth i beleive he was adopted around 1985 so could of had his name changed he had 2 younger siblings called Sherrian and mark who i have found we just having trouble tracing Thomas.

Also our mother had another child who she calls matthew who was taken at birth on the 3 march 1986 i love to also trace him too unable to find his birth record so he may of been registered as something else by the social services.

I have contacted westminster social service for the adoption records but this could take 6 months and i would like to find them sooner rather then later if possible :)

malyon

malyon Report 12 Apr 2018 23:42

Thomas Roy Healey
England and Wales Birth Registration Index, 1837-2008

birth registration: 1981 Hammersmith, London, England
mother: Healey

Fiona

Fiona Report 13 Apr 2018 00:14

Sorry i should of memtion i have Thomas birth details just need his adoption details to be able to trace him or he may look on here ??

For matthew No its definitely spelt Healey but i wondering did the social use another name our birth mum cant remember registering him. i found a rory healey with the same dob with a mum maidem name of healey and a michael warren healey but there is no picture of the entry as it should have a hand written number that leads to the adoption record's.

Thanks so much for looking malyon :-)

malyon

malyon Report 13 Apr 2018 00:16

shall i delete my posting

Fiona

Fiona Report 13 Apr 2018 00:19

No leave it for now as it may stop someone else doingthe same search :-)

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Apr 2018 00:31

The hand written S suffix ceased in the mid 80s, so don't rely on that indication for an adoption.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Apr 2018 00:40

Rory and Michael were registered in August so that's a little late if they were born in March.

Rose.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Apr 2018 00:50

Do you have your adoption details? If you were born after them, they might be mentioned in your details.

Rose

Fiona

Fiona Report 13 Apr 2018 08:37

Thanks for replying rose.

I wasn't adopted i was bought up from my fathers side of the family a sort of mutual agreement (we have different dads)

I understand they are put in in the later quarters but i cant find anything that matches and after a chat with my birth mum she doesnt even remember registering him so was wondering did the social register him so he could be adopted.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Apr 2018 10:13

Could ‘Matthew’ have been registered as Male Healey or Butterworth? It probably depends how quickly he was taken into care.

Fiona

Fiona Report 13 Apr 2018 12:01

We was taken at birth apprently our mum used another name (probably her maiden name) however the social worker was there and recognise her and the baby was taken away as soon as she gave birth. :-(

Kay????

Kay???? Report 13 Apr 2018 21:38

Could the mum have given birth in Islington.in 1986.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 14 Apr 2018 20:55

Ring your local Children's Social Services. Get an appointment. Don't say anything on the phone except - "Its about an adoption and its complicated". Don't get drawn into a conversation with a person who just wants you off the phone. Say you need to talk to somebody, get the appointment. They will be able to get hold of her file. Ask for a mediator, be advised they charge.

Fiona

Fiona Report 14 Apr 2018 22:10

Maybe Kay

Ive already rang its over 30 years ago its all in archive's

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 24 Apr 2018 22:48

They should still be able to locate the records, I know someone who found his details after 40 + years.