Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ashton Under Lyne Fairground 1982 -WHERE YOU THERE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lydia

Lydia Report 19 Jul 2018 10:07

My birth father was Iain, possibility from Scotland and was travelling with the fair that visited Ashton Under Lyne around 1982, i was born May 1983 (he never knew i existed). Anyone remember back then or even knows a potential link please message me.
Thanks
Lydia

Mistycat

Mistycat Report 19 Jul 2018 13:57

Hi Lydia

Have you tried the Ashton UL library, local news papers often reported the fair being in town back then.

There appears to be a Facebook site ( don’t use FB so can’t check) called Ashton Under Lyne Old pictures, maybe someone on there could help.

Good luck