Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Peter Robinson & Linda Robinson (Edmonton)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Aug 2018 09:16

Researching on behalf of my wife’s uncle. Looking for adopted children of Frederick & Grace Robinson. Mother’s maiden name Hayball. Would love to hear from anyone with Peter (born 31/12/1953) or Linda (born 9/10/1958) in their tree.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Aug 2018 10:24

Folks aren't going to come along I,m afraid

Look in members trees .which is under the search heading above the boards , to see if anyone has them in their tree

If found you can try and make contact by sending a message through the find out more button

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Aug 2018 10:38

There was another son born to the same family

If he is the one looking for siblings he can add his name and contact details to the National Adoption Register . If they should try and find family and also contact the regsieter the details wil be passed on to them

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Aug 2018 21:41

Hi Shirley, thanks for the messages. Yes, the eldest, Michael, is my wife’s uncle whom I am researching for him. I will recommend he adds to the adoption list.
Many thanks
Will

patchem

patchem Report 19 Aug 2018 22:53

Grace Hayball was probably born in 1924 - she is in 2 trees on here.

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Aug 2018 00:08

I’m a little bit confused, excuse me, are you saying the adoptees new name is searchable but it doesn’t show on the index the old name? Therefore I wouldn’t be able to make a connection with the birth names on the certificates to the new used names.

Pam

Pam Report 22 Aug 2018 08:53

Have you tried using Search All Member Trees which is under SEARCH at top right hand. There are 4 pages of Peter Robinson born 1953.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 24 Aug 2018 20:26

There is no cross reference. You have to find new names using the exactbdob and then trace all people who,were adopted with that dob.