Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Carol A Boyle ( nee Johnson) UK and Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Antonia

Antonia Report 12 Sep 2018 12:06

I wonder if anyone can help me find my cousin .Born Carol Ann Johnson
in Cardiff 1947. She married Malcolm Boyle in 1965. Had one daughter
Debra. The family emigrated to Australia some time in 60s. Carol returned
to UK using maiden name Johnson. Not in electoral registers after 2009.
Did she return to Australia ( may be Melbourne) where her daughter lives?
I would welcome any suggestions on where or how to find her.
I last saw her in 1980.
Many thanks from Antonia

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Sep 2018 12:49

Details of immigration from the Australian National Archives. Full dates of birth edited to protect their privacy.

BOYLE Malcolm Edward born 1946; Carole Anne (nee Johnson) born 1947; Debra Anne Johnson born 1967; travelled per FAIRSKY departing Southampton on 30 April 1968 under the Assisted Passage Migration Scheme

You can repeat the search on Record Search via http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/search/index.aspx

Click the Name Search tab, then select the Immigration & naturalisation from the drop down list. I used Boyle, Malcolm for the name

Was she still living in Australia when you were last in contact? If you know that her daughter still lives in Australia, do you have any idea of her current surname?

Check the UK address on zoopla under sold prices to see if its changed hands since 2009. It could be that she's only opted out of the commercial ERs.

Unfortunately passenger records aren't online after 1960 so we can't check travel for her.

Valerie

Valerie Report 12 Sep 2018 13:43

Maybe you can trace daughter (Debra) through Malcolm Boyle? The 'VIC State Library' (on-line) has an 'Ask Us' librarian service - they should find him on the electoral rolls. I found an 'M E Boyle in the 'White Pages' phone book - will send you the address (pm) but the library's (e) rolls will show his full name.-and address.

Valerie
WAus

Antonia

Antonia Report 12 Sep 2018 20:50

thank you for your replies , An aunt now deceased once said Carol was
divorced from Malcolm. I last saw her in 1980 when her father died.
she may have stayed on to look after her mother and returned to Australia
when she died. But , I am only guessing.
I dont know her daughters married name. I think Carol lived in Australia
over 10 years . She was using her maiden name on the electoral register
in Cardiff . I am wondering if she re married here.
Antonia

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Sep 2018 23:05

Unfortunately online English/Welsh marriage references aren't available post 2006. Consequently we wouldn't be able to find a more recent marriage.

Even though she may have divorced from Malcolm, it possible that he is still in contact with Debra. She in turn might have up to date details for her mother.
Even if it feels awkward, sometimes you have to go backwards or sideways to find the wanted person.
Take up Valerie's suggestion. You've nothing to lose.

Have you tried searching social media such as Face book? Look for a Carole Johnson who has a 'friend' named Debra. Try the same for a Malcolm Boyle with a 'friend' Debra.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 12 Sep 2018 23:33

Have you tried tracking down Malcolm's siblings? There are a few Boyle//Owen births in Cardiff. However, some are from another marriage.

Rose

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Sep 2018 00:01

Antonia, when you post Carol, is it a typo? The immigration records state Carole Anne (nee Johnson) with an e at the end of both Carol(e) and Ann(e). Her 1965 marriage is shown as CarolE A
It can make all the difference when you're looking for someone.

Antonia

Antonia Report 13 Sep 2018 20:52

T o : DetEctive Thank you so much for your help.Yes I will take up Valerie's suggestion
and try to contact Malcolm and ask to be put in touch with Debra , if possible.
Thanks for the "E" on end of names I had n't noticed.
I am not on face book but can ask my niece to look for me.
To : Rose. I have not considered Malcolms family but if all else fail 's
I will try them. thank you for your help .
Antonia

Debra Anne Johnson

Debra Anne Johnson Report 14 Aug 2023 16:55

Hi my name is Debra Anne Johnson Boyle now married Osborne
This is me and my parents.
I would love to connect with you Antonia.
Yes I do live in Melbourne. Sadly both my parents are deceased.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 14 Aug 2023 17:40

Welcome to Genes and the boards.
Antonia may not keep an eye on the boards but you can send her a pm by clicking on her name. As long as she has kept her contact details up to date she will be notified.

Debra Anne Johnson

Debra Anne Johnson Report 14 Aug 2023 17:45

Yes DetEctive carol is Carole she also had a sister Dorothy.

Malcolm passed in 1988
Carole passed 2009

Debra Anne Johnson

Debra Anne Johnson Report 14 Aug 2023 17:48

Thank you nameslessone
I am hoping she is connected