Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

looking for.my mums lost brother and sister

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

marie anne

marie anne Report 27 Feb 2019 18:19

hi im looking for my mums lost brother and sister they are called angela maria williams malcolm robert warburton they was adopted.there mum is called carol a briggs

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Feb 2019 18:29

Welcome to the boards, Marie Anne.

If they were adopted at birth, they’d now be using a different name.

Have you added your mums name to the government site? If they are also looking for birth relatives, the system should match you up

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

There’s a further link on that page about hiring an intermediary. They’d be allowed access to the siblings adoption file, discover their new name and, hopefully, trace them. The intermediary would need their permission before passing on contact details.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Feb 2019 18:31

Have you added their names at birth to your tree on GR? Have you looked to see if anyone else lists them? Send a message asking how they are related- the tree owner may be a current family member.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Feb 2019 19:14

Malcolm b 1971
Angela 1969

If the mother is alive, it would be tactful not to give her full name, unless you have her permission

marie anne

marie anne Report 28 Feb 2019 11:23

i have the mums permission its for.my mum mandy ann williams

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Feb 2019 11:31

I was referring to Carol - not to your mother.

EDITED

PM received saying Carol has given her permission

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 28 Feb 2019 12:50

If they were adopted as babies, both names would most probably have changed. Ring Social Services and ask for the Post Adoption Team. They may suggest you employ an Adoption Intermediary, but if you do this, check their charges before committing yourself. If they were older when adopted, they may have kept their Christian names. Can you add any dates, places and at what age they were adopted.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Feb 2019 13:15

You could suggest to Carol & your mother that they write separate letters to the adopted siblings. Social services could add it to the adoption file, to be read if/when the siblings access them.

marie anne

marie anne Report 28 Feb 2019 14:36

thankyou hopefully they all looking for there sister

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 28 Feb 2019 15:43

Malcolm was also registered under Warburton.

Looks like there were possibly 3 others born after him.

Rose

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Feb 2019 16:17

Warburton is the surname given for Malcolm in the original request.

He was also registered as Williams - his mother's married name

marie anne

marie anne Report 3 Mar 2019 14:57

hopefully i can reunite my mum with her long lost brother and sister she been looking for ages just want to renuite them all

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Mar 2019 17:04

Have you followed all the advice given?

No-one on here can do anything more than advise you

marie anne

marie anne Report 3 Mar 2019 18:28

yes

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Mar 2019 19:55

Good luck

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 6 Mar 2019 09:23

Have you contacted an Adoption Intermediary - I can give you the name of a firm who found the adopted brother of someone I know. He said the charges were reasonable.

marie anne

marie anne Report 7 Mar 2019 14:17

thankyou everyone and that would behelpful liz47

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 21 Mar 2019 13:29

Adoption Services for Adults.
www.adoptionservicesforadults.org.uk

This firm was recommended by someone who found his adopted brother through them . He said the charges were reasonable. Good luck.