Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

father of Peter Burch b1966 Dunfermline

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maurice

Maurice Report 4 Apr 2019 11:05

After first searching on whether he had posted it already, I'm passing on this from a community message circle for Dunfermline. Cut out a family difficulty bit to avoid breaking the rules He is on Facebook called Pete Burch with this message publicly readable on his page. -

Hi, my name is Peter Burch, i am 52 yrs old and i am looking for my Father. I was born in Dunfermline Maternity on 13th June 1966. I am looking for any information from any friends/ family or anyone that knows any of my family from around that time. My Mothers name is Alice Burch and lived in Kennedy Crescent at that time. Her Maiden name is Hunter but had been married before that so she may still have been known as Alice Dobbie as she was married to Andrew (Drew) Dobbie.

I am looking for any information around Sept 1965, anyone who may have known an Alice Hunter 25yrs old with 2 sons named Ian Dobbie 7yrs and Andrew Dobbie 6yrs. Her friends at the time i believe were Ruby Robertson, Janette Muir, Evelyn Mitchell (Don) She said she worked in the Woodside Club, owned by Gweekins from Saline, which i believe was down bottom of the town somewhere. She said that my Father was a delivery driver who delivered goods to the club,
... any information on, what he looks like, where he came from, accent, who he worked for, who he was friends with etc. he was older than the mother. ... Railway Club on Townhill Rd. My Mums Brother Billy Hunter, who was married to Helen Mason, apparently had a fight with my Father when he appeared at the door in Kennedy Cres. to try and see me, so maybe someone remembers that?

So, if someone knows anything at all about Me or my family or reads this and thinks they might know something i would be very grateful if you could contact me.(*.) I do not want to air my personal life but feel this is my last resort so would you all share this and hopefully someone can help, anyone, Please. xx
I have attached photos but if anyone has any other photos that can help, please send me them? xx

malyon

malyon Report 4 Apr 2019 13:46

please remove your day of birth for saftey reasons just put monh and year

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 Apr 2019 16:55

Malyon -
Maurice has only copied what's on Peter's public Facebook page.
Peter is unlikely to see your message here.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Apr 2019 17:41

Maurice

The only chance of anyone being able to help is if they are GR members and related to any of the people named

Have you done anything about looking for info?

Presumably, Peter's uncle Billy is deceased, or he'd be able to give Peter the name of the man he 'had a fight' with.

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Apr 2019 18:56

Don't appear to be any of the names, as mentioned. in trees on here. The search on FB seems to be going better, with 'Pete' rec' some messages which may prove 'hopeful'.