Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Russell Beaton - Birth Name

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Laraine

Laraine Report 30 Jun 2019 23:58

I am looking for my brother Russell Beaton who was born on 14th August 1960 at the Barony Hospital in Nantwich, Cheshire. My mother Annie Beaton had to have him adopted at six weeks old because of circumstances beyond her control. It was a very hard choice for her to make. It is very likely that his name was changed once he was adopted. My mother lives in Crewe, Cheshire where we all grew up. We talk about him all the time and he has never been forgotten. We all hope to be reunited with him one day. I have tried to trace him via Adoption Agencies but have not been successful. We wil not give up in trying to find him. If anyone knows of a family who adopted a baby boy in 1960, could they please get in touch.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Jul 2019 08:22

His name would have been changed

Have you looked in members trees to see if anyone has him listed

If they have you can send a message via the find out more box

Also you can add contact details to the national adoption register which is on

wwe.gro.gov.uk

If he goes looking too then the contact details would be passed onto him

Also add an addendum to his birth record on freebmd

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Jul 2019 08:27

I see you have him listed but you are the only one

So try the other routes .

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Jul 2019 08:29

Welcome to the boards.

Have you added his name to the government agency?
https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

If he had already added his name to the register, the system should match you. There are further links on the site to intermediaries. They’re allowed to access his files to discover his adopted name.

Have you considered that he may have been sent to Australia?

Find his birth entry on Freebmd & leave a Post’em (message) with an generic email address eg @gmail. It’s a long shot that either he or a current relative will look up his original birth registration, spot your message & contact you. “ Birth family would welcome contact” is short & sweet. It doesn’t allow for long ones.

You already have his name on both of the accounts you’ve opened. Once your sub or free trial expires, don’t delete it. If someone searches this site for his birth name, they’ll pick up either this thread, or the tree entries & be able to contact you through the site. For that reason, make sure that your (dormant) account is always linked to an email address which you can access. It’s so frustrating when someone who may have information stumbles across an entry only to discover there’s no way to reach the poster.

Good luck in your search.

Flip

Flip Report 1 Jul 2019 09:30

A long shot, but another avenue you could explore is you or your mother taking a DNA test - if he or a child of his has taken one you may find a connection. The ancestry test kit provides results which can be uploaded to other DNA databases in addition to the ancestry one. For eg: MyHeritage and Family Tree DNA to increase the coverage.

Good luck

Laraine

Laraine Report 3 Jul 2019 15:03

Thank you for all your advice will be looking into tem

malyon

malyon Report 16 Jul 2019 20:27

removed birth

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Jul 2019 12:02

Waste of time posting that birth