Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

still continuing to find sister and brother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Crystal

Crystal Report 6 Aug 2019 15:43

I wrote a post on here years ago about searching for my husbands adopted siblings. There is 4 of them.

Darren Francis Giggins
Kerry Cythnia Giggins
Michaela Toni Giggins
Daniel Trevor Giggins.

We found Darren and Kerry a year ago and luckily they had been adopted together. Things are going great with Kerry but Darren is not ready to meet yet.

We still need to find Michaela and Daniel. We are hoping they were adopted together too.
there were all under 6 when taken into care. Before my husband was born.
I have Michaelas birth certificate so i do know her date of birth.

I just don't know where else to look.

Crystal

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Aug 2019 15:48

Afraid without knowing the new adopted names then it’s not possible for anyone to help

Have you looked in members trees to see if they are listed

Add your contact details to the national adoption register so if they go looking your interest will be passed on to them

You could also add a contact ref on their birth records on freebmd so if they look for their birth reg they will see your enquiry

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 6 Aug 2019 15:49

Previous thread, for our reference:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1311708

As far as I can see, you didn't say on your other thread whether or not your husband has put his details on the National Adoption Register?
Not that that will help unless they have also signed up to it, but at least a useful step to take.

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Aug 2019 15:54

Previous thread just for ref https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1311708?d=asc

Did you follow the advice re adoption contact register Crystal? There isn't really much more you can do aside from checking that they haven't joined here or posted elsewhere. I notice you haven't added a 'postem' with a contact email to the birth entries on freebmd.org.uk so you could do that also in case they look for their birth reg there,

Crystal

Crystal Report 6 Aug 2019 16:44

yes my husband has added to the national adoption register.

A heir hunter found the other 2. But Michaela and Daniel are harder to find.

ill look at freebmd

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 6 Aug 2019 16:47

It looks like Michaela has registered with the UK Birth Adoption Contact Register:

https://tinyurl.com/yy3kf89y

Unless I'm misunderstanding the info there.
I'm not sure if someone else could have supplied her name or not.

EDIT:
That's in the "Birth parents/siblings" database, and not the "Adopted People" database - so maybe someone else has registered her name - maybe your husband? Or maybe Darren or Kerry.

Crystal

Crystal Report 6 Aug 2019 20:52

Hi ArgyllGran,

Yeah that's me. was put in the wrong bit,

Crystal x