Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Valerie Avril Whitcher nee Brown

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

JPK

JPK Report 4 Apr 2020 12:15

Hi,
I m trying to trace my cousin Valerie Avril Whitcher nee Brown.
What I know so far

Valerie was born 1937 to Frederick George & Edith Brown nee Ruddock in Southampton one of eleven children. The only one I knew was Jean born 1934 who sadly died years ago.

Valerie married George Whitcher in 1956 in Southampton and records indicate she had two sons.

Valerie next is found in Bristol in 1962 where she had a daughter who was adopted. No fathers name on certificate. This info has been verified by the daughter of the adopted child. Valerie’s granddaughter.
In 1966 still in Bristol Valerie had a daughter Louise Charlotte again with no father named on certificate who died at three months due to an accident she was still with Valerie at this time .valerie was described as housekeeper
I along with Valerie’s granddaughter can find no trace of Valerie after this time.
Any help or suggestions would be very welcome.

Joan

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 Apr 2020 13:17

There's the birth of a possible daughter in Bristol in 1976.

Surname spelled Witcher.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Apr 2020 13:22

Not sure you should be giving so much personal info on here about a lady who may well be living

JPK

JPK Report 4 Apr 2020 13:30

Hi Argyllgran I will check it out
Many Thanks Joan

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Apr 2020 22:33

Joan,

Sending you a PM with her current surname.

Rose

JPK

JPK Report 5 Apr 2020 10:17

Thankyou so much Rose your help and expertise is really appreciated.

Thanks again.
Joaan