Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Patrica Taylor nee Barrett - Lewisham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Samantha

Samantha Report 22 May 2020 06:57

Looking for my partners biological mum, born in Lewisham in 1962.

So far all we have found in her birth entry and marriage certificate (dated 1980). He is desperate to find her (as well as a brother)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 May 2020 13:06

Bearing in mind the marriage place, there was a possible daughter born in the same place in 1981, and a possible son in 1984 - you can find the details on FreeBMD.

https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

However, I don't see them conclusively on ERs.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 May 2020 15:36

If your partner was adopted, he should add himself to the National Adoption Contact Register

If any blood relatives are trying to find him, they may have done the same, and you can try to make contact through the proper channels, with guidance from trained professionals

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 May 2020 17:40

Information about it here:

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Samantha

Samantha Report 22 May 2020 18:50

Thank you for your replies..

My partner is the child born in 1984. Here's the mysterious thing - there are 4 entries, with the same details etc..

He is awaiting to hear back from the adoption contact register.. he sent off his details (and fee) so fingers crossed something comes of it!

malyon

malyon Report 22 May 2020 19:42

was your partner born surname ABEYIE

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 May 2020 20:41

I only see three entries for that birth, Samantha.

The different surnames are names by which his mother was known

There are actually only two different names, but there are two versions of one of them.

One is his mother's married name, Taylor, which was her official name at the time. The other (with two versions) is either his father's name, or a name by which his mother was also known, as well as Taylor - or both.