Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lost relative

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 4 Oct 2020 13:34

I am searching for an Ian Christopher Purvis born 1954, possibly adopted in 1954 London/Essex area.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Oct 2020 14:05

If he was adopted his name will obviously have changed

IF you are related, add yourself to the national adoption contact register, and hope that he has done the same

He may not know he was adopted, or, if he does, may have no interest in tracing birth family

He isn't in anyone's tree on GR

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 Oct 2020 14:36

I have edited this post to remove mother's maiden name - although I must admit I don't really see the need when I am only giving information that is already in the public domain.

Nothing on the birth record to indicate an adoption (although that doesn't mean that he wasn't adopted).

Kath. x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Oct 2020 14:44

The mother seems still to be alive, so it would be prudent to remove the info about her.

Her husband died in 1992

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 Oct 2020 15:07

These people may well be alive, and their details shouldn't be posted.

There are also several other possible siblings in Essex, including Ilford where the parents probably married.

[ EDIT: This post was in response to one (now deleted - thanks for doing that) giving birth and marriage details of a couple of possible siblings. ]