Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NICGOODPROC

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carole

Carole Report 27 Nov 2020 12:38

Please contact me via Genes Reunited
in connection with your Family Tree Request.
Ref. Notts Ambulance. Thank You.
Carole

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Nov 2020 12:42

Unless this individual is an active GR board user, he/she will not see your post

If he/she is a member, send a direct message through GR

Carole

Carole Report 28 Nov 2020 09:51

Thank you for your response. I did send a direct message through Genes but I haven't received any response. I don't know how long the message has been posted
on the system. I'm desperate to find this person, I feel they can help me move forward
with my search for this baby. Thank You. Carole

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 28 Nov 2020 10:35

I had assumed that you meant you had received a recent request by email (via GR) from Nicgoodproc to view your family tree, but now you say, "I don't know how long the message has been posted on the system."

Does that mean that you have found an old thread by Nicgoodproc asking for information on the person you are interested in?

If so, the post will have a date at the top.

But I don't see any thread entitled "Notts ambulance".
The only thread I can find by Nicgoodproc is one in 2012, asking about a farmer in Co Durham in 1813 - can't be the one you mean. No mention of a child, nor of Notts nor ambulances.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Nov 2020 11:00

You refer to 'family tree request'
What - and where - is that?
If it's a request via GR to view your tree, it should be dated

Carole

Carole Report 29 Nov 2020 07:05

Thank you all for your responses to my request. I am searching for a Baby Girl born in 1965 at Nottingham City Hospital. I found a message posted by NICGOODPROC which appears to me that they are searching too. They state that a baby was born in 1965 in an Ambulance on the way to Notts Hospital. I sent a response to this message through Genes to the person but have not received a reply as yet.

I believe this baby could be the half sister of a man who was also born in the Notts City Hospital in January 1966. The unmarried mother gave both babies up. This man is desperate to find his half sister. All he knows is that the baby's surname at birth was PHILLIPS. This is why I put the message on Genes Reunited Board in the hope someone knows of NICGOODPROC.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 29 Nov 2020 09:27

If it was a message as part of a thread on GR, it will have a date at the top right of the message - as all messages do automatically, including yours, mine, and ErikaH's on this thread..

There are many reasons why someone may not reply to a personal message via GR. The GR email may have gone into their spam box and they haven't noticed it; They may have noticed it but thought it was a scam and haven't read it; they may have changed email address, so haven't received it; they may have lost interest in family history; may be unwell or even deceased.
And sometimes people just take ages to reply .

Can you post a link here to the GR thread where you saw Nicgoodproc's message?
I assume it was on a thread, as I can't think of any other way you could have found the message.

Having found the child's name on FreeBMD, and searched for that on GR boards, I can't find a thread about her by anyone, let alone Nicgoodproc.
(Admittedly, the search facility on GR is far from good.)

Someone seems to be looking for her on this site, on which I'm not registered:
https://tinyurl.com/y5s4qdby

If he hasn't already done so, and if he knows that that child is definitely his half-sister, the man you mention could register with the official UK Adoption Contact Register (ie - not the one in the link above) - here:
https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Then if the Nottingham child has also registered, or does so in future, they may be put in touch with each other.
It's a gamble, but he might think it worth the £30 fee.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Nov 2020 09:44

Has your message been opened?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Dec 2020 10:45

Advise the man to get a copy of the cert - for mother's name.

It would also be worth his putting a tree on GR with his birth name.

For anyone looking at this, there is no 'message' from NicGoodProc. The girl's name has been found in a GR tree 'owned' by the person Carole is trying to contact.