Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cawthorne.aunt.&uncle..in.Sheffield.england

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denise

Denise Report 26 Mar 2021 11:29

As.anyonegot.family.tree.of.my.aunts&uncles.famiily.of.cawthorne.please.I.be.most.grateful.thank.you

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Mar 2021 11:40

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1391835

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1391692

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1391872

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1391871

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 Mar 2021 12:15

This is getting ridiculous.

For info: Denise has her tree on Ancestry, once with an account around 2017 and again earlier this month.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 Mar 2021 13:49

Erika has added information to one of the new threads:

www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1391872

This is the link to the original thread:

www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1391692

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 6 Apr 2021 11:58

The original thread, which was reported for having an email address, has been whooshed.

Mistycat

Mistycat Report 6 Apr 2021 18:22

.........and the fact her original, reported message has been “Wooshed” makes you proud of yourselves, does it?

Some of you have picked and picked at Denise, yes, I’m aware that some have tried to help her.....and that (god forbid) she should break a rule and post more than once about a subject AND have the audacity to put her email address to boot....

NONE of us has the foggiest clue what circumstances Denise is living under, what difficulties she may face, each and every day.

Does it impact your lives so much, you simply can’t ignore?

If there were a “shaking head” little picture thingy, (even though I hate them), I’d use it as “shaking my head” is what I’m doing, the unkindness shown to this lady is beyond my understanding.

I’m fully aware I shall be reported for this, I don’t care a monkeys chuff what anyone thinks of me, I’ve voiced my opinion about something I find extremely cruel, by some extremely (in my humble opinion) thoughtless people.

Phew.....
Misty x

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 6 Apr 2021 19:47

Misty

Genes advise people not to add email addresses and I believe it to be against T & c’s.

It is frustrating when someone ignores all the good advice that has been given. Much of the advice has been repeated and repeated.
Personally I have wondered about her circumstances. I had decided if she posted again to advise that she got someone to help her - she hasn’t yet re posted.

We all have the right to have an opinion and I hope you don’t get reported as that would be wrong.

Mistycat

Mistycat Report 6 Apr 2021 22:08

Namelessone...thank you for your reply, Is there nothing you’ve written in that reply, which resonates with you, apart from “it’s against Ts & Cs” as well as being frustrating!!!!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Apr 2021 07:50

Well I certainly didn’t report any thread

Indeed was pm.,d twice and I tried to help by explaining how to search and to get back to her original thread .

It did seem that Denise was having trouble negotiating the site and how it works .Was she maybe thinking this site is professional genealogists or worked like Facebook

Think sometimes some folks are too quick on the report button

:-(

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 7 Apr 2021 08:33

I didn’t report Denise’s thread. On the rare occasion I do report I always say so on the thread.
Denise was asked to remove the email address so I assumed that is why it was eventually reported. I wasn’t aware it had been reported twice.

It is a rare creature that can immediately spot the reasons behind someone’s inability to understand and accept advise.

If nothing is said about what is happening with threads more people are drawn in and it adds to the confusion. In this case it was not helped with information for Denise being spread over several of the threads.