Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Advice please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 20 Jul 2021 14:38

Hi, my son died in 1996 (age 24)..I have found out in the past 2 weeks he had a daughter (Chelsea) she would have been born around 1994/1995 in Boston, Lincolnshire, this information was completely unknown to us.
I have searched FMP and Ancestry for all the Chelsea's born in these years and came up with quite a list..
I narrowed it down by eliminating the ones born to a couple as I know she was born out of wedlock.
I have no idea who her Mum was.
I am getting myself in a complete muddle, I have lists of names and lots of sheets of paper, really don't know where to go with it now.
I have tried to track the Chelsea's I found using electorol rolls but no luck, no marriages either.
Any advice what to do next will be great, in your opinion am I ever likely to find this young lady. .Many thanks, Jennifer

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Jul 2021 14:44

If it was Boston there’s only one with same mmn showing on ancestry

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 20 Jul 2021 14:49

Jennifer

How sad.

How did you find out about Chelsea, could the source of that information not help?

Without knowing who her mother was will make this almost impossible. Would Chelsea have been born in Boston. The Boston registration district will cover a very wide area. Electoral Rolls may help pinpoint those who were actually living inBoston.

Good luck

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 20 Jul 2021 14:53

Unfortunately, if her birth was registered under her mother's surname, you are unlikely to be able to pinpoint it.

You can pick out any possibly illegitimate births as the mother's maiden name will be the same as the child's surname - but of course the parents could be a married couple who both happened to have the same surname before marriage..

However, if she was subsequently adopted, her name would almost certainly have been changed, and therefore you won't be able to trace a marriage, death or ER entry.

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 20 Jul 2021 15:03

Thank you for your replies, The source of the information knows nothing more or isn't prepared to share, we learned of Chelsea's existence purely by accident.
I only have Boston and appreciate it covers many surrounding area's.
FMP list more which I have narrowed down but cannot narrow down further at the moment
Thank you for reading my message, I won't give up yet, this young lady is a link to my son and is after all my Grandchild..
Many thanks again x

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 20 Jul 2021 15:09

The name may be spelled either Chelsea or Chelsey.

Possibly illegitimate births 1994-6 in Boston RD -

Taylor ( but also registered with surname Holland) ,
Smith (but also registered under Allen) ,
Sauntson (but also as Johnson) ,
Collingwood
Leslie
Lane
Marvell (but also listed as Cooper)
Healey (also listed as Church)
Clifton
Smedley

Haven't got time to look at more at the moment! There may be others.

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 20 Jul 2021 18:16

Hi, thank you ArgyllGran.. I have some of these on my possible list..
I will keep looking tomorrow.
Thank you so very much for your help, I really do appreciate it.
Jennifer

malyon

malyon Report 20 Jul 2021 20:12

if chelsea had a middle name it would be so much easier

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Jul 2021 20:49

:-S :-S :-S :-S :-S

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 21 Jul 2021 13:29

All I have is Chelsea/Chelsey.. born about 1994/1995 in Boston, Lincolnshire.
Seems I am on an impossible quest but I can't give up.
Thank you all for helping, much appreciated.
Jennifer

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Jul 2021 12:17

How reliable is the 'source'?

Is it someone who knew your son very well and would have had close contact with him?

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 23 Jul 2021 17:33

Yes, she knew my son very well and would have no reason or motive for being untruthful, she says she doesn't know anything more and had never intended to let it slip out.
I am going to start from scratch over the weekend as I have ended up with a lot of notes and different pieces of paper and got myself in a muddle, hopefully I can narrow it down to a level where I can make contact with potential Mothers, of course I will have to find them first!!
Thank you for your response.
Jennifer

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 4 Aug 2021 14:42

How about a carefully worded advert in the Boston Standard newspaper. Chelsea/Chelseys mother may read it. A lot of consideration would need to be given to the way you word the advert. You could use your sons name as someone reading it may have known it.