Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Possible death

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynnedee

Lynnedee Report 7 Nov 2021 19:34

I’m looking to help a lady who is looking for her brother, she thinks he may have died as she’s not heard from him for many years. He said he was getting married in 2013 but she doesn’t know if he did. Any help with either marriage or death would be helpful - many thanks for any help given. John Robert Green born 1960/61 was living in Aldershot, Hampshire. (This is all the information I’ve got - sorry)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Nov 2021 19:38

As the name is very common you need his actual birth year which would be shown on later death certificates

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Nov 2021 19:43

Possible on the electoral roll aldershot up to 2008

Says lived there 19 years

Two females at the same address

Lynnedee

Lynnedee Report 7 Nov 2021 19:57

Ok thanks for your help, he had 2 children from a previous relationship. I’m hoping her gut feeling is wrong and I will pass on to her what you’ve said. Thanks again

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 7 Nov 2021 22:30

If her feeling is correct, there's this possible death in 2018:

But as Shirley says, it's a common name, and this is nowhere near Aldershot.

GREEN, JOHN ROBERT 1961
GRO Reference: DOR Q1/2018 in PLYMOUTH (416-1A) Entry Number 517087628

Mr John Robert Green
in the England and Wales, Death Index, 1989-2019
Name: Mr John Robert Green
Birth Date: 19 Sep 1961 <<<<<<<<<<<
Last Residence: Plymouth, Devon, England
Postal Code District: Pl5
Death Date: 23 Mar 2018

However, if he has died since 2019, we won't be able to find it online yet, unless perhaps in a newspaper obituary.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Nov 2021 20:24

Does she know the names of the children? She could contact them and ask about their dad. There are 3 people in that house until 2014 and they are all on Facebook.

The house doesn't appear to have been sold, so unless it was rented, they should still be living there.

Rose