Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for John Oldham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Albert

Albert Report 21 Feb 2022 19:46

Hi, I have not been on here for a long time, and in the past you have helped me, now I am looking for a John Oldham ( Nephew) born to my sister Patricia Etherington, in 1971 at Highfield Maternity hospitle Wallasey Cheshire, at the time she was married to Eric Oldham, but he was not the Father, I have a copy of a birth Registration for 3rd Qtr 1971, and a copy of a marriage registration for Eric & Patricia 1st Qtr 1971, now this is where the trail ends, as John was adopted soon after birth and we can not find anything on him, as being adopted as a baby, his whole named would have been changed? I live in Canada and doing this for 2 of his siblings a brother and sister who still live in England (my nephew & niece) as I have been doing my family tree for about 20 Years now, I only found out about 2 years ago that this John existed and did know that his mother passed away in 2012, so can any one help me ,thanks Al Etherington -Canada :-)

Albert

Albert Report 21 Feb 2022 20:08

Hi Again, sorry I just looked back on my watched threads, and found that I had posted this back in 2020, sorry as I said I have not been on here for a few years, as I have had a few medical problems, and only just getting back into family search again, again my apologies, AL Etherington-Canada

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Feb 2022 20:29

Sorry Albert but as he was adopted his name would be changed so without that info there’s no way of trying to trace him

Adoption records are only available to the adoptee

You could try adding adding yourself to the adoption register on the GRO website so if he goes looking for his roots your info would be given to him

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Feb 2022 20:47

This issue was also raised in a post in 2019

The advice about the contact register was given then.

If the half-siblings have registered, that’s really all that can be done. If they haven’t……………

He isn't in anyone's GR tree other than yours, so no-one else on here is connected

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1383424
https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1377185

Albert

Albert Report 23 Feb 2022 19:16

Hi Thanks for your replies, and again sorry about reposting I should have checked that before I posted again, but like i said i have not been on here for a few years and lost track of how to do things, Thanks again :-) :-D :-\

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Feb 2022 20:26

So, have the half-siblings done anything?