Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for my birth mother and relatives of her

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kieran

Kieran Report 4 Mar 2022 22:28

I am looking for my birth mother Anne Marie Davies born June 1980 her mother is called Olwen Davies and her dad is called Roy Jenkins. She has two Sisters called Sarah and Rebecca and they have daughters between them called Bethan Hanna and Kailea. From what I believe they would be in or around the Chester North Wales or Wrexham area.
I would be very grateful if anyone knows anything about any of these names.
Kieran

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Mar 2022 07:33

Doubt anyone would just know of the names ,but try looking in members trees to see if any one has one of them listed in their tree

It’s under the search heading above the boards

What research have you already done ?

If ann marie father is Jenkins wouldn’t she reg as Jenkins ?

There is a birth in Gloucestershire mmn Davies 1980!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 5 Mar 2022 08:16

Have you registered with the governments adoption register? Then if your birth family have also registered, now or in the future, you would be informed.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 5 Mar 2022 09:51

Welcome to the boards, Kieran.

Link to, and info about, the Register which Nameslessone mentions:

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Mar 2022 10:12

Is it appropriate to post such detail on this insecure site?

Imagine the distress if someone connected sees this who didn't previously know about the woman having had a child......................

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 5 Mar 2022 13:28

Kieran should take great care in finding and contacting his birth mother. It is quite
Ossicle that he is now married with a young family.

It would be best for Kieran to use intermediaries who understand the pros and cons.

PatW

PatW Report 6 Mar 2022 15:54

The fee to register with government office is £30. Your request is then put on file so that if your birth mother wants to get in touch you will be told. It would be better if you get an intermediary who will then get your original birth certificate and copies of all paperwork relating to your adoption. That’s if you want them. You never know your birth mother might have already filled in the relevant paperwork. She will not know your name now. It’s all one sided as you can look for her but she isn’t allowed to have information about you.
I was a birth mother in 1958 and filled in paperwork in 2018. In 2019 my son fortunately wanted to know about his adoption and was surprised to know I was looking for him. The intermediary put us in touch and for 18 months we corresponded by e mail and phone calls. We didn’t meet up until the back end of last year due to covid restrictions and we are meeting up again at the end of April. It isn’t easy as we live quite some way from each other. One of my biggest fears was that his adoptive parents emigrated as lots of people did in the 1960’s. Good luck with your search.
Flo.

David

David Report 14 Mar 2022 18:29

I have seen a number of people suggesting going to an Intermediary when seeking out their birth family. I have been told this costs in excess of £2000, does anyone know if this is correct?
David

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Mar 2022 20:41

Google "birth family intermediary cost" or similar phrase, and you'll see lots of information as well as intermediary companies advertising their services.

The cost probably depends on the amount of time the intermediary finds they have to spend on it, which will vary from one case to another.

David

David Report 15 Mar 2022 10:50

I have Googled it as you suggested ArgyllGran and it would seem the costs start at about £510 . A large amount to find. . The price rises per hour + certificate costs ........ looks as if it could easily reach the £2000 mark.