Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Michael George

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kerensa

Kerensa Report 20 Apr 2022 23:03

Trying to trace John Michael George, born 1945, from Bournemouth. He is the son of Edna May George (née Hooper) and Henry George, and nephew of Phyllis Hooper (née Vatcher) and Denis Hooper, both deceased. Phyllis was the owner of a grave in Wimborne Road Cemetery where my dad and grandad are buried. She died in 2012 and John Michael George is named as the executor of her will. My sister and I have an address for him in Bournemouth from 192.com for the period 2002-2019 but it's not clear whether he still lives there, or indeed if he's still alive. He married Linda Foote in 1968 but we have no further information. We would like to contact him and ask for permission to transfer ownership of Dad's grave so that we can put a headstone there. If anyone can help please message me! Thank you!

Kay????

Kay???? Report 21 Apr 2022 00:20

Try Right Move or one of the other house agents to see if the property has been sold since 2019..or just google the address.which will lead you to the same.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Apr 2022 00:38

I have messaged you. House hasn't been sold since 2002.

Kath. x

Kay????

Kay???? Report 21 Apr 2022 01:17

You may not need his permission as the owneship of rightss to the plot is deceased would end with his aunt death,,an executor doesnt get the rights to ownership.

You will possibly find if the ownership and upkeep can be transfered to you ,(the llocal council can give details on this.) first buried will have to be named on a headstone,,,,,,,,from experience.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 21 Apr 2022 08:04

Have you tried writing to him at the Bournemouth address?

Regulations re memorials at Wimborne Cemetery:

http://www.wimbornecemetery.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Cemetery-Regulations.pdf

Prices at Bournemouth cemeteries, based on a 50-year lease (maybe the grave in question is outwith its lease period?):

https://funeralsbournemouth.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/fees_and_prices_Aug21v5_EMAIL_1st_Sept_21.01.pdf

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Apr 2022 08:19

The obvious course of action would be to write a basic note of enquiry to the last known address, enclosing an SAE. Make no mention of the reason for the contact until you know you have the RIGHT person

The GRO site has deaths up to 2020 - nothing for the man in question

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Apr 2022 09:55

Records indicate that Linda re-married in 1987

Kerensa

Kerensa Report 23 Apr 2022 13:30

Thank you everyone. I'm sorry for not replying immediately - work got in the way and my husband and son have now come down with COVID!

The lady at Bournemouth Crematorium office told us that ownership would have been transferred to the executor with the estate, which is why we're following this up.

Why would I not mention the reason for contacting him if I write to the last known address? Surely that would give it some credibility?

Thank you again everyone, will follow up on your suggestions.
Best wishes, Kerensa

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Apr 2022 14:15

As per my PM, you can't be 100% sure you have identified the correct person..............unless the woman at the Crem gave you the address - which she should not have done

Executors administer the Estate and distribute the assets as per the deceased's wishes - they don't 'own' anything unless it is willed to them

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 23 Apr 2022 14:44

I think what is meant that the ownership of the grave was part of the deceased’s estate and as such would be passed to the executor to distribute with the rest of the estate ad per the instructions of the will.

Mistycat

Mistycat Report 23 Apr 2022 22:22

Hi Kerensa

In my opinion you should most definitely explain the reason for your making contact, your absolutely correct about the credibility.

Best of luck

Kerensa

Kerensa Report 24 Apr 2022 21:09

Thank you everyone :)