Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Micheal William Fernley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barry

Barry Report 16 May 2022 20:02

Don't know if this is really appropriate i am trying to find a good friend Micheal William Fernley who went missing early 1980s last heard of in Amsterdam,he was married not sure of her name now but he did have 3 children one was called Scott,hope someone can help..They used to live in Lancashire

thanks Barry

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 May 2022 20:22

Try looking on freebmd for a marriage and childrens names

Have you looked on Facebook

Have you looked on genes to see if he is in someone tree

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 May 2022 20:26

Look on freebmd

Scott appears to have been born in 1973

Edit

There are three children but cross ref back the Groom isnt a Michael William?

Are you sure of the spelling of his name

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 May 2022 20:27

When was he in Amsterdam?

When was he born?

Do you know roughly when the children were born? Presumably before he "went missing"?

The only marriage in England or Wales for a Michael W Fearnley was in Essex in 1958. I assume that's not his.

Assuming the children were born in Lancashire -

Boys named Scott Fearnley were registered in 1981 (Rochdale) and 1982 (Lancaster).
Another was registered in Birkenhead in 1979.

Those in Birkenhead and Rochdale have only one sibling each.

The one registered in Lancaster has two younger sisters.
Their parents married in Lancaster in 1981. The father's name at marriage was William M Fearnley.

Could that be your friend with his names reversed?

If so, he didn't go missing until the mid 1980s

EDIT:
Oops! - Just noticed you've spelled his name Fernley, not Fearnley.

But the father of the Scott Fernley born 1973 (suggested above by Shirley) was named Ramon, not Michael William.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 May 2022 20:39

No birth in England/Wales for Michael W Fernley before 1981, so we need more info from the poster

Only one marriage for the name Michael W Fearnley - in 1958. This was the father of a child with the same name

The couple who married in 1958 were on the ER in 2002

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 17 May 2022 22:38

The 1982 child registered in Lancaster, with the two younger sisters, seems to be the right one, going by a PM from Barry, who remembered the mother's first name.

The parents married in 1981.
The father, William, was born in 1956.

No sign online of William after his marriage (or, by implication, the birth of the youngest child).
But if he's still in Amsterdam, or elsewhere abroad, there's no way to check on his whereabouts, or if still living.

He's not on the Netherlands White Pages; not in "Search all member trees"; not on any Ancestry tree.
It's too common a name to know if he's on Facebook or not.
Nothing from a Google search.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 18 May 2022 07:14

Looks like the wife remarried and the 3 children took the husband's surname. Found them on Facebook but they have no Fearnleys in their list of friends.

Rose

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 May 2022 09:04

Marked as answered, with no feedback on the thread :-( :-( :-(

Barry

Barry Report 23 May 2022 19:54

thanks everyone