Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gus (Augustus) Kelly

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 24 Jun 2022 17:49

Hi,

I'm looking for the above man. I have very little information about him:

Deputy manager at the Empire ballroom in Leicester Square during at least Feb 1971 - Jan 1974

Lived in South London - in East Dulwich for a small amount of time. Seen again in South London between Feb 1977 and March 1978. Then finally seen in South London (no date) between 1983/1984.

Irish, grey hair and beard and 6 feet tall, big hands and feet. Liked watching golf on t.v., he smoked and enjoyed a glass of red wine.

Could be short tempered, he wasn't easily roused to violence but obviously his job could entail dealing with drunks and he could handle himself - may have been in the forces at some point.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 Jun 2022 18:08

Whilst this is actually the right board for this query you posted the same request on the GenealogyChat board - where you will find my response.

Please stick to one thread and take note of the questions put to you.

The description of the man, whilst important to you will not aid any research.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 27 Jun 2022 11:22

Rebecca - I have replied to your pm by pm.

Thanks for removing the other post. As I said in my pm yes the information is very vague. It might be worth checking the electoral rolls for the times and place you think he was living.

Without any idea of his age ( or what part of Ireland) it would be very difficult to find his birth or death.

Kelly is a very common Irish surname and it is possible that Gus (Augustus) was not his first name.

Names