Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

George Ernest Holliday Blues and Royals

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 19 Aug 2013 13:37

George Ernest Holliday my Uncle is said to have served in the Blues and Royals for a short time in the 1930's.I have not heard about this before can any one give me any leads I might try.

Further info G.E. Holliday was born circa 1914 in Co Durham and he served in the Police Force during WW2.

Thanks.

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 19 Aug 2013 16:12

Hi Carolyn

You can google Blues and Royals which will give you some information about them.

Sylvia

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 25 Aug 2013 15:11

Also be prepared for problems

Army records between WW1 & WW2 are not up to much.

My own grandfather served in the Royal Irish Regiment, went to India, boxed for his regiment, yet they have nothing on him!!!!

We all know about the WW1 records, but I was so disappointed about the post war records...

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 27 Aug 2013 15:05

Dear Sylvia and DazedConfused
Thanks for your comments. Yes I had come to the conclusion that the period I was looking did not seem to well served in the record books. I shall continue to ferret around.
Carolyn.