Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Royal Fusiliers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 2 Sep 2013 17:44

Although I have a photo of my grandfather - James Edward Kiddy - in his WW1 Uniform I cannot trace his records. Any suggestions please

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 2 Sep 2013 18:10

Only abt 30% of Army Service records survived WW2 bombing although Medal cards where stored separately so they survived.

Where have you looked?

You can look for his medal cards on TNA web site and download it but they charge £3.36 per record so you could post more details birth year and where born, regimental number if known and ask for a lookup on Ancestry,....They also have the surviving Army Service and pension records

Was he in the Royal Scots Fusiliers?

The only medal card I could find on TNA that comes close is this

Reference:
WO 372/11/156503
Description:
Medal card of Kiddie, James
Corps Regiment No Rank
Royal Scots Fusiliers 19138 Private
Date: 1914-1920
Held by: The National Archives, Kew

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/SearchUI/Details?uri=D3238598

Roy

David

David Report 3 Sep 2013 13:19

Thanks a bundle,Roy. You have expained the cause of my problem.
He was in the Royal Welch Fusiliers during WW1. You have been a great help.
Good Luck
Dave