Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Army Records.?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 16 Jan 2014 10:37

I sent all my docs to Scotland for my Fathers Army records 21 months ago, can anyone please tell me how long you have to wait for a reply,?
Kind regards.
John.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 16 Jan 2014 13:00

I doubt anyone on GR could give you the answer, Have you tried contacting them to ask that question.

Roy

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 16 Jan 2014 18:05

That seems too long - I know they are slow, but not usually that slow! Perhaps you could ring them to chase them up.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 18 Jan 2014 13:55

Definately ring them up. If you paid by cheque or credit card check your records to see if and when check/payment was cleared and then you have this to hand when calling them.

10 months is about the longest I have ever heard of. Mine took 8 months and that was a few years ago. And I know the time has not changed much.

They are very helpful (I know I had to call them.
:-)

John

John Report 19 Jan 2014 09:31

Many thanks to all, been sorted. ;-) :-)