Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Frank Cain born 2/6/24.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 2 Aug 2017 20:27

We have found a photo of my Uncle Frank in an army uniform .can someone point me the right direction as to what regiment .I have his parents name were he lived St Helens Merseyside .would that help Thank You Barbra

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 2 Aug 2017 20:37

Does the photo show a cap badge?

His service records will still be with the MOD. Check here to see how to order them:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/requests-for-personal-data-and-service-records

They cost £30 and can take several months to arrive.

Kath. x

Barbra

Barbra Report 2 Aug 2017 20:40

Hello Kath no hat or Badge a bit vague really he is stood with another man in just shirt & trousers .but army gear Thanks

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 2 Aug 2017 20:42

Is the other man dressed the same or is he in full uniform?

Kath. x

Barbra

Barbra Report 2 Aug 2017 20:56

Kath they are both just in Shirts & trousers .I have been on a site & found an historian who has a lot of info about St Helens past records . so have sent an Email to him will let you know if I get any info thanks Barbra xx

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Aug 2017 12:05

Been on to an historian re army records of my uncle as you say Kath it will cost £30 to get any records so will get in touch with my cousin see what he thinks Barbara xx

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 Aug 2017 17:34

They are worth getting if you can. They will give details of where he served and dates, sometimes medical details and possibly a description of him (eye colour, hair, scars etc.). Could give addresses and next of kin.

Kath. x

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Aug 2017 22:42

You are right it would be interesting & the family would then know about his time in the forces x Barbara