Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Francis Henry Waud - A Big Thank You

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joyce

Joyce Report 1 Jan 2013 11:24

In early November I asked for help with tracing a Francis H Wood. I was astonished at the response from people, most of whom had made huge efforts on my behalf, but nearly all of whom said the name was probably Waud, not Wood. At the time I'd not long received emailed documents from the Salvation Army, stating quite clearly that the name was Wood, and I therefore concluded that the Francis H. Waud that people had uncovered was not my relative. However, I did follow up their leads, and discovered to my astonishment that they were absolutely right. It was indeed Waud, not Wood. I re-read all the information people had given me, including the fact that the family had migrated to Australia in 1913. It was all there, and for a while I just couldn't see it! So, to Catherine, Maddie, Joseph, Margee, Choccy, Reggie and Christine, all of whom were a tremendous source of information, a huge THANK YOU. My research has been held up for a month because my broadband went down in late November (don't ask!) and I've only just recovered it. But I've now got loads of paths to follow, not least of which is Australia, which Francis Waud went to live, and where he died. Thank you once again, to all who responded.