Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adopted - Found Birth family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 1 Mar 2015 22:14

I was adopted but not till after I had been with my mother till I was 3. I applied for my birth record from Social services which gave me my mother's and grandparents details. From that I started to create a family tree. Have added as much as I can. I have since found and spoken to my birth mother (This week). I have found out I have three sisters and have just met my Uncle and Aunt. My Uncle used to look after me when I was little so it was really good to see him as he had been lookimg for me and my mum so we are all reunited Amazing xxx we had a great weekend. I have found out I have such a large family now. For those of u in similar situations looking for birth relatives don't give up hope you will get there and good luck. Without this site I would not have the family I have now. Thank you Genes reunited! ! <3

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 9 Mar 2015 15:51

Hi Michelle,

Many thanks for sharing your story!

Shelley