Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

no username on posts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 11 May 2011 18:42

I have seen two examples of this, this week. One on Chat and one on Living Relatives. Both were the person's first post on the boards.

I've "requested review" of the one on Living Relatives just so that site management sees the problem.

The person isn't going to find her auntie that way anyway, but making it impossible for anyone to contact her (not possible to reply in thread, not possible to send a PM) seems rather pointless.

How can someone post w/o a username appearing??

jax

jax Report 11 May 2011 20:56

I pointed it out to a newbie tonight that she had no board name and she said she did'nt know what a board name was but soon found it

jax

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 21 May 2011 17:13

How is this possible???

Just now, someone spammed the boards with identical posts on

Find Ancestors (the appropriate board)
Genealogy Chat
General Chat

The person had reached 8 posts when I last looked (having been a member since 2005) -- all dated today -- and not one of them had a username.

I don't like talking to ghosts.

How can it be that someone who registered at the site in 2005 has no username??

How can anyone register at the site now and be able to complete the registration without choosing / being assigned a username??

??

jax

jax Report 21 May 2011 17:36

It used to come up with your given name did'nt it ?

Maybe there is a new system of entering names so you cannot have the same board name as someone else

jax

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 May 2011 21:53

Janey

I saw a no name post on Living Relatives last night, and just out of interest, I clicked on Send Message

that took me to a Message box, and that had her name on it.

so you can get to send a pm to a no-namer

sylvia

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 21 May 2011 22:41

Ah, good to know.

Duh.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 29 May 2011 17:34

Just happened today on Find Ancestors Board

At least it is possible to send a message