Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ARE ANY GR STAFF LOOKING AT THIS BOARD?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 18 May 2011 21:18

This board was seemingly set up for suggestions for Genes Reunited

BUT I really have to ask if any staff member of GR is looking on the board, let alone reading the threads

There are lots of suggestions, and requests, and reports of problems

Yet there are NO remarks posted by GR

The only apparent response to a request was the quick return of 12 and 24 hour times ...... and even that has been messed up.

That seems very strange to me.

OR do we have to go back to posting our problems on the GR wall on FB in order to get a response?

Was this board just a cynical attempt to stop people posting problems on FB, and letting lots of potential new members see that there are unsolved problems?

I await a response from GR

sylvia

Joy

Joy Report 18 May 2011 21:29

Is there any point to this board?
Are we wasting our time by posting in it?

One post by GR - http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/suggestions/thread/1267149

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 18 May 2011 21:39

exactly what I'm wondering, Joy!

BarneyBear

BarneyBear Report 18 May 2011 22:27

Well, as I'm still waiting for a reply to a message sent to the support team 2 weeks ago I would say yes, we're wasting our time. Probably I shouldn't have titled it "New Message Boards" which probably explains why there is no response. I think they've all gone on holiday.

jax

jax Report 18 May 2011 22:50

Stella

I see you have only made one other post is it on the living relatives board?

jax

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 18 May 2011 23:31

Let's keep this one at the top.

I've been getting ready to start sending emails to "theteam" containing the links to the threads I have started on this board, and others, querying whether anyone has even read them, and requesting a response, by whatever mode of communication they might prefer.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 May 2011 00:26

hope you get replies Janey

then at least we would know that they are reading something!

sylvia

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 19 May 2011 08:32

My thread got a response from GR

Which is the one mentioned by Joy

But I had already got that answer by email

BarneyBear

BarneyBear Report 19 May 2011 14:26

Hi Jax,

No it wasn't on the living relatives board. It was about the state of the new boards. I found the old ones easier to use and judging by the comments on this board, so did most other people. If you don't get a response to a message sent 2 weeks ago, someone isn't doing their job.

BarneyBear

BarneyBear Report 19 May 2011 14:27

Forgot to say, the message hasn't even been read let alone answered.

jax

jax Report 19 May 2011 14:34

Where is it Stella ? or are you talking about a message you have sent to someone and the envelope is still purple?

jax

Rambling

Rambling Report 19 May 2011 14:36

Stella, how can you tell whether it's been read? I didn't think one could ? Mine have been replied to I always askfor a personal response.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 19 May 2011 14:58

If would help us understand Stella if you would explain the message you sent -- by email, by a post on the boards, or by private message through this system?

It sounds like that last. A private message sent to "Genes"?

Good luck. I sent one on 30/07/2010 and yup, it has never been opened.

Sent Genes Support Team please take note - re GR survey post on Chat board 30/07/2010

Maybe an announcement on the announcement board that "theteam" doesn't bother to read or answer its PMs would be useful.

If that is the kind of message you mean, Stella, you need to try again by emailing [email protected]

BarneyBear

BarneyBear Report 19 May 2011 15:02

I sent it directly by message to the genes support.

Rambling Rose I can tell it hasn't been read because the envelope is still purple. I was told by another member that this indicates that it hasn't been read when I asked the same question.

Rambling

Rambling Report 19 May 2011 15:06

Stella I am still none the wiser I'm afraid as when I contact support no 'sent 'message or envelope shows? I use this option from the 'Contact Us' in 'Help'..."Contact our Support Team for a personal response to your question here".

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 19 May 2011 15:59

I think Stella is doing what I described -- clicking on the username "Genes" in a post by the Genes team. ... Or no, maybe not ...

Anyhow, that's what I did last July, and that message (PM) is still unopened.

Stella, can you just say *how* you "sent a message"?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 May 2011 21:23

I didn't think you could actually send a message via the 'message' system to Genes but obviously you can. Although maybe it doesn't actually work. Sorry, that sounds garbled (I know what I mean). I have always contacted them via the 'contact us under help. And have always had an answer.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 May 2011 00:53

same here

I contact them under "Contact Us" found by clicking Help in the dark green band at the top.

and no envelope shows in my Sent Messages

The other alternative is to send an email to GR, using your home email address

the only problem with that is my server doesn't seem to be liked by their server, so the emails bounce back to me!

sylvia

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 May 2011 21:02

doesn't seem as though GR staff are watching this board

and they will now be off until Monday morning!