Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NEW SUBSCRIPTION

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lyn

Lyn Report 7 Jun 2011 08:33

Dear GR, I have recently renewed my subscription as you are aware. I must say I am a little disappointed with the incomming correspondence and lack of it since

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 7 Jun 2011 09:38

Lyn

Not sure what you mean really. :-S

Have you mailed GR asking a question regarding a problem ??

philmoir

philmoir Report 7 Jun 2011 09:40

Hi Lyn, If you feel that something is missing, can you please contact support and explain. They should be able to provide an answer. The contact us option is under the Help menu.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 8 Jun 2011 21:32

As a warning....hope Phil can intervene ....

SylviaInCanada, who is a longstanding, valued member and an excellent and loyal researcher on this site, is having problems in renewing her membership. She has asked that this message be passed on........

Today's result:-

They have changed my country of address to UK, as that is the only way in which I cna be charged in pounds sterling and not US dollars

They have refunded the charge of $14.45 USD to my credit card, and I can now pay in £ sterling

BUT in doing so, they have thus reduced me to a FREE member, and want me to pay £20 for 12 months

This is far more than the £9.95 minus 20% discount that I was offered 2 weeks ago, and far more than the $14.45 USD that I was charged!

I am "discussing" this with them ........ but of course it is now past closing time in the UK

If it remains at £20, I will most likely NOT rejoin

This is a ridiculous situation. All of Sylvia's friends would be glad to see this issue resolved as we do not want to lose her. Thank you.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Jun 2011 21:38

Let us hope it is just a glitch. I know you have to revert to 6 monthly membership if you leave and come back but Sylvia has not done this. It is ridiculous that Canada is not recognised by Genes when other countries are.

Sylvia is a very much liked member and a great one for helping people with their research.