Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Updated thread notifications

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 14 Jun 2011 00:21

Hi,

Not sure if the site has just had a hissy fit, but I have just received 256 notifications of an updated post, all of which I had to delete as they were taking up space on my mailbox.

Not sure if there is a better way to manage this, perhaps just one notification per thread per day? It just seems to add up to an excessive amount (unless it was a glitch!)

What does everyone think?

jax

jax Report 14 Jun 2011 00:28

I think you will find a few posts scattered around mentioning the same thing Grace.

I had 70 on a post started at 2 am this morning which I had nothing to do with and I am sure I had fallen asleep by then anyway

jax

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 14 Jun 2011 00:42

hi Amazing

Me too. Dizzy has a thread about it on Chat and GR have answered her. They haven't stopped though and I cannot delete mine as more and more take their place.

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 14 Jun 2011 01:59

Sorry I didn't realise as I didn't get a chance to look over the whole site beforehand, I'll delete this thread then..