Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Announcements

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Jul 2011 12:20

I think this has been mentioned before, but could you please put a "star" or some other symbol in a different colour next to "Announcements" in the green section on the left of the screen under Boards Summary when a new announcement is made.

This would just bring it to everyone's attention. The symbol could be removed after 24 hours or so once it wasn't new any more.

Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Jul 2011 14:43

Hi Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

There was a new announcement this morning about the maintenance but it wasn't showing in yellow for me, nor did it have a "new" next to it.

Kath. x

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 13 Jul 2011 16:04

The announcement this morning had a 'new' next to it as I logged on, it's gone now, but the jobs been done.

Edit to say, no, the 'new' is still there on the drop down summary.

I always start there when I log on.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 14 Jul 2011 11:52

i too see the "new" when i log in if a new announcment is on the board