Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bug Download error

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 27 Jul 2011 09:34

1. One of the best features of GR was the dowload facility to one's own PC.
Now there seems to be an error.
I noticed it on the 1911 Census some days ago & today after paying for the additional feature for the ships manifest the same problem occurred. Does anybodynknow what is going on.

2. Would somebody with a full membership on FMP be willing to download the manifest and email to me. Don't like to ask but my cousin is trying to get some info about her direct family from an elderly relation and I've been downloading what I can find for her so they can see for themselves. :-)

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 27 Jul 2011 11:09

Hi Susanne, you should be able to save this image. When you click on download it will display the image. Please right click on the image and you'll see the option to save it.
Estelle - Genes support team

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 27 Jul 2011 11:39

Hi Estelle

I have just answered support by email. I have tried that option but the image saved as a picture comes out small. Trying to enlarge to read the wording becomes distorted.

The normal way is much better one one can enhance the wording so it is clear.

Is it ging to be corrected

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 27 Jul 2011 12:08

Hi Susanne,

I have just spoken to one of our developers and he is going to take a look at this. When I saved it as described above I opened it on my PC with Microsoft Picture Manager. This enabled me to enlarge it without any distortion.

However, please bear with us while we investigate.

Estelle

Estelle

Estelle Report 27 Jul 2011 14:13

Hi Susanne,

this has been fixed now and should work properly again.

Estelle

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 27 Jul 2011 14:58

Wow Estelle

Thanks so very much - have tested it - the ships miaifest download works fine now.

Will check the 1911 census and others later

Susanne :-)