Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Problems with 1901 Census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 3 Sep 2011 11:05

Is anyone else getting this message when trying to look at 1901 census

Your browser does not support PDF viewing. Download the Adobe plugin directly from here

I have tried downloading Adobe but it still does not work
I need to know if its my computer or Genes Reunited website

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 3 Sep 2011 11:35

This board is for making suggestions for improvements to the functionality of the website, not for reporting problems as the GR support staff doen't normally read it.

If you want help from other members, in future, it is probably best to use the Genealogy Chat Board and if you require GR assistance email them [email protected]

In the meantime can you confirm that you are able to open other pdf documents without any problem? It might also help to know which browser and version you are using

Jane

Jane Report 3 Sep 2011 12:05

It is not obvious which board to use,General chat seems to be about Big Brother!

I was asking if others were having the same problem to try & find out if it was my computer that was the problem

Yes I can open other PDF's and I am using Apple Mac-Safari

If others are having the same problem then I will report it but if its only me then why bother support

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 3 Sep 2011 12:50

Genealogy Chat - not General Chat....!

Unfortunately there aren't too many Apple users who frequent the boards and might be able to advise.

Edit

Found this - not sure if it helps

Issue

Acrobat PDF Plug-in does not load in Safari 64-bit Web Browser on Mac OS X Snow Leopard (v10.6).
Reason

Apple Mac OS X 10.6 updates Safari to 64-bit. The browser plug-in installed by Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader 9.x and earlier is 32-bit. As a result PDF files will not view in-line when using Safari using Adobe Acrobat or Reader.
Solution

Customers can run Safari in 32-bit, which will allow the Adobe Acrobat/Reader plug-in to load and be used.

In order to run Safari in 32-bit mode, follow the instructions below:

1. If Safari is open quit Safari by going to Safari>Quit Safari

2. Open a new Finder window and navigate to the Applications folder.

3. In the Finder, select Safari.

4. Go to File>Get Info.

5. In the "Safari Info" window, open the "General" section.

6. Select the check box "Open in 32-bit mode"

And here is some more on the subject

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/908/cpsid_90885.html

Jane

Jane Report 3 Sep 2011 19:45

Thanks for the info. I tried it but still the same so I will try Apple Message boards to find an answer

Wont use the wrong board again :-)