Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

edit posts on boards ... thrown back to page 1

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 17 Nov 2011 22:53

this is something else that may have been posted about before ...

when you edit a post in a thread on a discussion board and click submit, you are thrown back to page 1

( if you don't get the error message as I did 6 times just now before I could get the edit to post )

this seems petty but it is really just hugely annoying, I edit posts often to add new snippets of information as I go along if nobody else has posted in between, to keep info together and avoid creating another page in threads because of the number of posts

yes you can just click on page 3 or 4 again to get back to where you were

but if the thread has more than 10 pages you have to make your way through them

or you can back-page twice and refresh the page you were on

but really ... why ? why not just stop throwing us back to page 1 after editing a post ?

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 18 Nov 2011 01:01

Yes, it's something that annoys me too.

Ozi

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 18 Nov 2011 01:21

it annoys me as well, and it has been going on since the changes before the changes earlier this year.

philmoir

philmoir Report 19 Nov 2011 06:51

Good point. Have logged this for action. Thank you AND to all those thst have mentioned it b4 as ive read it a few times and possibly acknowledged but setting priority high as small change.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Nov 2011 07:04

Thank you Phil

sylvia

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 19 Nov 2011 07:43

Thanks, Phil.

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 19 Nov 2011 18:23

and thanks from me too of course ! small change with maximum impact :-)